So it's Sunday. Probably the worst day of the week. Some people prefer to hate Mondays, as it is the beginning of the week. For me, Sunday is the worst because you get to not only think about the week you just had, but you are also reminded of all the things you have to do in the week ahead. If you are reading this on a Sunday, then I may have just ruined your Sunday too, and I apologize in advance for the time you will now spend reflecting on your own week.
Horrible.
I woke up this morning in my friend's apartment, and we went through the ritual of trying to recap the events of the night before. Not a good start to any day, let alone the worst day of the week. It was all fun and games until I had the pleasure of looking at my phone, and the two new messages in response to the million messages I sent my ex boyfriend last night (terrible. you've been there. Fuck technology)
Why why why
And then I text him back, another poor choice. I am the Queen of Poor Choices, and I live in the Land of Bad Decisions.
Most of the time these choices aren't life changing. They are stupid little things we do or say that we feel bad about (TWI, texting while intoxicated, or sometimes completely sober and wishing we could blame it on substance abuse), spend hours whining to our friends about (thanks for listening), swear we will never do again (such as drinking in front of co-workers), and then forget about until we make another one (like texting back in the morning).
But these things do happen, and I have come to realize that most of the time we are the ones who make them so horrible in the first place. So I was drunk and I sent him a message. We aren't together and I do not anticipate us ever being together/being friends again. We don't even have mutual friends. We can't re break up. Worst case he thinks I'm crazy. Fuck him! (though he may be correct in that assessment)
Even the Queen needs to forgive herself sometimes. So as I reflect this beautiful (terrible) Sunday, I'll try a little harder to let go of the poor choices of the past week and not let them follow me to tomorrow.
Life lessons.
Now to review all the messages in the inbox of my dating site account, call my lovely friends, and complain about how unattractive my potential suitors are... (I told you I'm horrible)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment